WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
This is the process of infusing pigment into the skin to simulate the appearance of natural hair. It is considered a tattoo and permanent makeup. Although it is considered permanent makeup it does fade over time. Touch ups are suggested once a year in order to keep the color and shape fresh and precise.
Microblading is meant to be a subtle, natural enhancement, and to create fuller, more beautiful brows. It looks most natural on clients who already have semi-full brow hair and are wanting to perfect their shape. The more hair you have, the more natural it will appear.
Microblading heals best on young, healthy and dry/normal skin.
Oily skin and mature/thin skin is not recommended for microblading. Results will not heal as crisp or look as natural. If you are in this category, you will be a better candidate for the combination, powderfill or ombre brow.
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY FIRST TOUCHUP?
I recommend scheduling your perfecting touch up at the same time as booking your initial appointment. Your touch up appointment can be anywhere between 6-10 weeks after your inital appointment. The touch up cost is not included in the initial price.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
I require 48 hours notice to make any changes to your appointment. If you cancel your appointment less than 48 hours before, your deposit will be forfeited.
WHAT ARE YOUR FORMS OF PAYMENT?
I prefer cash, venmo or card (card has 3% fee).
WHAT IS OMBRE, COMBINATION, AND POWDERFILL BROW?
This is the process of infusing pigment into the skin by using a permanent makeup machine or needles to simulate the appearance of filled in brows. This is perfect for clients who are perfectionists! Ombre is where the tail and body of the brow are dark and filled in and the color gets lighter towards the front creating a soft powdery makeup look. Combination brow is done with hair strokes at the head of the brow and then the rest filled in. This is a beautiful look for all skin types and heals very soft and beautiful. Powderfill is done the same way as the combination brow but no hair strokes at the front.
HOW LONG WILL MY SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETICS LAST?
Cosmetic tattooing is designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, and pigment color all affect the longevity of the tattoo. the sun and some kinds of lighting (tanning beds) can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. To take care of your brows follow the aftercare instructions and touch up your brows every 12-18 months (as needed). Touch ups are normal and expected for permanent cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and cannot be guaranteed to to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended at 6-10 weeks where we can assess your pigment retention and make any changes necessary.
WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT MY SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETICS?
Oily skin: Increased oil production can cause hair strokes to bur and heal lighter and powdery.
Smoking: Smokers may notice that their semi-permanent cosmetics will fade faster.
Anemia and iron deficiency: Your body will absorb iron based pigments more quickly.
Sun Exposure: Increase exposure to the sun will cause premature fading. You will want to use a special sunscreen for your semi-permanent cosmetics. I have a brow sunscreen in my shop that you can purchase to protect your brows.
Age and Metabolism: The faster your metabolism the faster the pigment will fade.
Bleeding During the Procedure: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. While this is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow pre-procedure instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications, alcohol, and caffeine 24 hours before your procedure.
DO SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETICS HURT?
Topical 5% lidocaine is used to make you comfortable during your semi-permanent cosmetic procedure. However, pain tolerance varied from client to client. Having the procedure during your menstrual cycle may increase your sensitivity.
YOU CANNOT RECEIVE SEMI-PERMANANT COSMETICS IF YOU ARE:
- Are currently using Accutane or have used Accutane within the past year.
- Have freshly tanned/sunburned face.
- Are on blood thinning medications or antibiotics.
- Have Rosacea.
- Are currently undergoing cancer/chemo treatments.(must be off chemo or radiation for at least 6 months)
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
If you have reference pictures please feel free to bring these to your appointment along with the pencil or powder you are currently using.
If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
You must NOT use Retin-A near the brow area for 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
You will need to avoid water for 7-10 days after! This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water, and extreme sun exposure, so plan your vacations accordingly!
No Botox, fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks before and after your procedure.
AVOID DOING ANY OF THESE BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE!
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final results!!!
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibuprofen) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure. (caffeine increases blood flow and will affect your healed results.)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
In the hours following your procedure your brows will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to the oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your bows could also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area. Do NOT pick at it. Doing so can result in pigment loss in those areas. Your brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled. The epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of the pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize of the next 4-6 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on the surface of the skin.
At 4-6 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at the perfecting touch up appointment or if you'd prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!
WHAT WILL MY HOME CARE BE?
- Wash morning and night for 7-10 day or until scabs have fallen off, with provided ink soap. Wash within 4 hours of getting brows done. (Make sure to wash outside the shower. look in the mirror while washing so you can make sure to be extra gentle. Only wipe gently in the direction of hair growth, no circles or hard rubbing. Wash with warm or cool water, and pat dry with clean paper towel.)
- Apply provided healing ointment to brows in the direction of hair growth with clean hands or a clean Q-tip 2-3 times a day for 7-10 days or until the scabs have fallen off independently.
- Keep dry (besides washing with ink soap and applying ointment) until completely healed (meaning no scabbing or flaking left) usually around 10 days.
- Clients still need to keep dry in the shower... steamy hot showers will cause the pores to open and scabs to soften, so to be cautious, no extra steamy hot showers!!! avoid the water, especially shampoo and conditioner running down, that will cause color discoloration!
- No excessive sweating (no sauna, hot tub, pool, ocean, etc.)
- Do not pick, rub or scratch scabs! Avoid sleeping on face.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks.
- No Anti-aging or acne products on them EVER! This will cause fading very quickly. This is anything with chemical exfoliants such as retinol, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc.
DO I NEED A TOUCH-UP/FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT?
Yes! all permanent cosmetic procedures require 2 (sometimes 3) sessions. During your 6-10 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your semi-permanent cosmetics.
DO I NEED A CONSULTATION BEFORE GETTING SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETICS?
If you have specific questions or concerns you are welcome to e-mail or message me through Facebook or Instagram. I book enough time to discuss your needs and wants at the initial appointment. If you are in need of correction work or have had your brows tattooed elsewhere, you will need to send me a photo BEFORE booking. This way we can schedule the adequate amount of time needed.
For best results, I may suggest doing saline removal instead of a color/shape correction.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
Initial appointments take apporximately 1.5 to 2 hours. This includes thedesigning process, numbing the area, and the actual procedure. Follow-up sessions take approximately 1.5 hours.
I HAVE HAD MY BROWS TATTOOED BEFORE, CAN YOU FIX THEM/TOUCH THEM UP?
I require that anyone who has had their brows tattooed previously by another artist send me a picture before booking an appointment. this way we can discuss price, your options, including the possibility of removal, and schedule sufficient time. Any client coming to me from a different artist is considered a "New Client' and expected to pay new client pricing.